You’ve just passed your 12th grade board exams, and it’s time to think about the future. If you’re planning to further your commerce education, you’re probably feeling overwhelmed by the number of entrance exams out there.
It’s easy to be intimidated by all the unknowns, but don’t worry—we can help you sort it out! In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the various entrance exams available after 12th grade, from specifics around eligibility criteria and the application process to tips on preparing. We’ll also share our best advice on which exams should be at the top of your list.
Put aside any doubts or worries, and let’s get started planning your future as a commerce student!
Importance Of Entrance Exams After 12th Commerce
Are you thinking of taking an entrance exam after 12th grade? It’s a smart decision! Taking exams gives you a competitive edge when it comes to college admissions and job hunting.
Here are some of the advantages of taking entrance exams after 12th commerce grade:
- Exams help you find out which areas match your aptitude, interests, and skills, so that your choice of career is based on more accurate data.
- Entrance exams also give colleges an opportunity to evaluate your academic performance. This can open doors to better admission possibilities as well as scholarship opportunities.
- Additionally, undertaking these tests also serves as an indicator of your commitment and dedication to your chosen field. Hence, giving recruiters another measure for evaluating job applicants
Ultimately, entrance exams can be a great way for 12th grade commerce students to gain insights into their academic strengths and weaknesses, helping them make informed decisions about their future careers!
How Entrance Exams Can Shape Your Career?
If you have decided to pursue a degree in commerce after your 12th standard, then it is important for you to start planning for your entrance exams. Entrance exams are the perfect way to shape the career that you want. They are the gatekeepers of sorts, allowing only those who perform best to gain access to their desired courses and universities.
The entrance exams that are available can provide a wide range of options for students with different backgrounds, interests, and abilities. For example, if you’re interested in economics or finance, then the CAT or CMAT exams may be suitable for you. If you’re looking for business administration courses like an MBA or BBA, then the XAT or MAT exam may be worth considering. And if you’re more inclined towards the accounting and law professions, then there are the CLAT or CA-CPT entrance tests available as well.
Whatever stream of commerce you choose, keep in mind that entrance exams can serve as a powerful platform to kick-start your career and open up new opportunities within the field. Prepare yourself thoroughly and make sure that you get into the right institute of your choice with good scores in these tests!
List Of Popular Entrance Exams After 12th Commerce
Surely, you have heard of the various entrance exams that aspiring commerce students can take after their 12th grade. These exams are a great way to gain admission into top colleges and universities. But which ones should you consider? Let’s take a look at some of the most popular entrance exams:
Joint Entrance Exam Main (JEE Main)
JEE Main is one of the most sought-after entrance exams for engineering and technology studies. To be eligible for the exam, applicants must have passed 12th grade with physics, chemistry, and mathematics as major subjects. JEE Main scores are accepted by premier institutes such as the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Common Entrance Test (CET)
CET is held by individual states in India for admission to professional courses like engineering and medical studies. Qualifying for CET will help students increase their chances of getting admission into a college or university in their home state. The eligibility criteria vary based on the programme chosen.
Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
The PAT is the standard entrance exam conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA). This exam is essential for gaining admission into management programmes offered by top business schools in India. Applicants must have passed the 12th grade in any stream to be considered eligible for the MAT test.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
You might be feeling overwhelmed if you’re thinking about taking entrance exams after 12th commerce grade. But here’s the thing: while the exam pattern and syllabus might vary from one exam to another, they all have some common elements, so it won’t be completely unfamiliar territory.
Most entrance exams after 12th grade will have questions based on one or more of the following: mathematics, quantitative aptitude, verbal ability, and current affairs. To prepare for these exams, you’ll need to focus on understanding and solving problems in these categories.
Each of these tests has a somewhat different syllabus, but they all cover the same material in terms of data interpretation, algebra, trigonometry, probability and statistics, fundamental economics, and financial literacy. You’ll also need to keep up with current events on a global and national level. Additionally, there can be some questions that are specifically connected to the industry you want to enter, like banking or public administration.
It takes some time and work to prepare for this type of exam, but you can do it!
Government Competitive Exams After 12th Commerce
When thinking about the entrance exams after 12th commerce grade, one of the most popular options is applying for a government competitive exam. These exams are an incredibly rewarding path to take for students because of the job security and prestige that come with a government role.
Here are some of the most popular government competitive exams for students after 12th grade:
- Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC
- Banking Exams (SBI/RRB clerical, PO, and other specialised banks) conducted by IBPS
- Staff Selection Commission Exams conducted by SSC
- Insurance Exams such as LIC AAO, UIIC AO, NICL AO, and GIC AO
- Railway Recruitment Board exams conducted by RRB
- State Public Service Commission Exams conducted by various state governments
These exams can provide Indian citizens with opportunities to work in prestigious and challenging positions in various departments of the central or state governments, such as IAS, IPS, IFS, IPS, IRS, and many more! The aspirants are also offered a handsome salary and other benefits like pension schemes, etc. along with these posts. All this puts these competitive exams among the best options after 12th grade for students wanting to build a successful career in government services!
Entrance Exams After 12th Commerce Without Maths
After completing your 12th year of commerce, you might be wondering what to do next. One option is to look into entrance exams after 12th commerce grade without needing math.
Some of the popular entrance exams for which you don’t need the dreaded math include:
- Common Entrance Test for Design (CETD): This all-India entrance exam offers admission to design courses such as B.Des, Interior Designing, and Fine Arts.
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET): Offering admission to undergraduate courses in the fields of liberal arts, law, management, engineering, and technology, this is another great option if you don’t want to go with math.
- Joint Entrance Examination (Main): This exam is conducted by CBSE every year for admission into various engineering institutions across India. It does not require math as a mandatory subject for appearing in this examination.
- Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Exam (HSEE): If you’re looking for an entrance exam specific to the social sciences field, then HSEE is a great option after 12th Commerce without needing math.
- All India Bar Examination (AIBE): AIBE is an exam conducted by the Bar Council of India to test the aptitude of law graduates to appear as practising advocates in various courts across India.
As you can see, there are plenty of options when it comes to entrance exams after 12th commerce grade without needing math. So make sure that you research your options and pick the one best suited for your needs!
Banking Exams After 12th Commerce
No doubt you are planning for your future career after 12th grade, and there are entrance exams that can help you move ahead. Banking exams are one of the most popular options after 12th grade and can offer you great opportunities.
Types of Banking Exams After the 12th Commerce
The banking exams usually consist of two main types: government-sponsored exams and private sector exams. Public sector banks including the State Bank of India, the Bank of Baroda, and the Punjab National Bank hosts government-sponsored banking exams; ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, and Axis Bank host private sector banking exams.
Benefits of Banking Exams After 12th Commerce
The benefits of taking a banking exam after 12th grade include an impressive salary package, job security, better career prospects, and gaining valuable experience in managing financial transactions. Additionally, it is a great way to gain professional qualifications for further advancement in one’s field.
Preparing for a banking exam after 12th grade is not easy, but it is certainly worth it if you want to further your career in finance. You will need to be well-prepared for the entrance exam by following a strict study plan that includes studying content from prescribed books, learning online courses, taking practise tests, and attending coaching classes if necessary. All this hard work can help you secure a successful career path in banking!
SAT Exam For Commerce Students
Once you’ve finished your 12th grade, the SATs are a great way to show potential universities your academic strengths. Since it is an international exam, colleges all around the world acknowledge and accept it as a part of their admission requirements. Therefore, if you intend to study abroad, this can be a fantastic choice for you.
The good news is that you have access to a wealth of tools to aid in your exam preparation. You can brush up on the fundamentals and familiarise yourself with the exam’s format by using textbooks and practise exams that are available online or in bookstores.
It’s crucial to have a strong command of English language and vocabulary, as well as a comprehension of basic principles like geometry and algebra, if you want to ace the SAT. Even though these topics may seem daunting at first glance, with enough practise, review, and focus, you can do really well on this exam and get into your dream college!
CET Exam For Commerce Students
If you’re completing your commerce studies in 12th grade, you might be wondering what entrance exams you need to take. One of the most popular entrance exams after 12th commerce students is the Common Entrance Test (CET). CET is conducted by the state government to give admission to the various courses offered in the commerce domain.
This exam tests your aptitude, general knowledge about the domain, and comprehension skills. To give you a better perspective, here are some of the things this exam tests:
- Verbal ability, including grammar and comprehension
- Quantitative aptitude and data interpretation
- Logical reasoning
- General knowledge about commerce
- Financial accounting concepts
- Economics concepts
Moreover, CET is also a gateway to some of the most prestigious universities in India. Thus, having a good score on this exam can open up multiple opportunities for you. So if you are considering taking an entrance exam after 12th grade, keep CET in mind!
CAT Exam For Commerce Students
Another option you might consider is the Common Aptitude Test (CAT) exam. This exam is aimed at gaining entrance into prestigious graduate management programmes like IIMs and other top business schools. This exam has a focus on commerce and finance and seeks to identify potential candidates with strong quantitative and verbal reasoning skills.
The CAT exam is quite competitive, with thousands of students taking it every year, therefore those who are interested in taking it should be aware of this. Planning ahead is crucial as a result. Here are some tips for success:
- Research the format of the CAT and familiarise yourself with it to ensure you know what to expect on test day.
- Create a study schedule that works for you and stick to it diligently.
- Take practise tests regularly to get used to the difficulty level of the questions asked in the exam as well as time management during the actual test day.
- Make sure you are aware of all eligibility criteria required for admission into particular management programmes, such as minimum marks or score requirements, submission documents, etc., so you can be absolutely prepared when it’s time to apply for admission.
- Find out which colleges accept CAT scores so that you can start applying early on in the process of admissions and have higher chances of getting admitted to one of your desired institutions.
Ultimately, planning ahead for CAT exams is essential for success with this competitive entrance exam after 12th grade!
5 Frequently Asked Questions
You may have a lot of questions about the entrance exams after 12th commerce grade, and that’s totally normal. Here are some of the most commonly asked questions to help you out:
- What entrance exams can I take after 12th grade?
After completion of your 12th grade in commerce stream, you can sit for a number of entrance exams after 12th commerce like the Common Entrance Test (CET) for courses like BBA, BMS and BAF, the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for engineering programmes, the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) for LLB programmes, the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam (IIT JEE) for engineering programmes and even the National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET) if further interested in medical studies.
- What is the best entrance exam to take?
The best entrance exam to take depends on your field of study and your goals. You should research each exam and understand which is best suited to your needs.
- How is a rank determined in an entrance exam?
Generally, each entrance exam will have its own method of calculating a rank. Some exams are based on scores alone, while others consider other factors like percentile scores, number of attempts, and cutoffs as well.
- Is there any advantage to taking multiple entrance exams?
Taking numerous entrance examinations enhances your chances of being accepted by different institutions based on your performance on the many exams you take, which raises your chances of being accepted into the college or university of your choice.
- Are there any coaching classes or online resources I can use to prepare for an entrance exam?
Of course! There are several coaching classes and online resources that can help you prepare for entrance exams. Some popular options include:
- Common Sense Education’s list of 25 apps, games, and websites for test prep and studying
- Test Prep Review offers free practise tests for various exams like the ACT, GED, GMAT, GRE, LSAT, and more.
- StudyBlue is a platform that connects students with similar learning goals and subjects, allowing them to share and access flashcards, study guides, and more.
- Kaplan, which provides multiple free ACT prep options, including classes, events, and practise tests.
When it comes to entrance exams after 12th commerce grade, careful planning is key. It’s important to weigh your options when it comes to the entrance exams after 12th commerce available to you, considering cost, time, and the amount of preparation required. You may take full advantage of the opportunities that lie ahead with careful planning and preparation.
Wishing you luck as you organise and study for your post-secondary admission tests. You can achieve your academic and professional objectives by having a solid understanding of the admission tests you have access to, a solid strategy, and a positive outlook.